Recipe by Dib's
This recipe was posted by request, thanks to GourmetGal who passed it on to me. The original poster is Lort.
Top Review by Lori Perez
These tasty little bars are very similar to the Cranberry Bliss Bars sold at Starbucks for $2 each. They are sinfully delish and I recommend you put yourself on a rationing system. I did use nonfat sweetened condensed milk and low fat cream cheese to help my guilt a little, still wonderful, now I can cut bigger pieces! Oh, I did use orange-flavored dried cranberries too- wonderful.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 package cream cheese, softened (not the small one)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Gradually beat in flour, oats, and orange peel until crumbly.
- Stir in chocolate morsels and cranberries and stir well.
- Set aside 2 cups of this mixture.
- Press remaining mixture into the greased pan and bake in the pre heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add the sweetened condensed milk.
- After 15 minutes remove the baking pan and pour cream cheese mixture over the hot crust.
- Sprinkle onto the cream cheese mixture the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for another 25 minutes.
- Remove and cool pan on a wire rack.