Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe was posted by request, thanks to GourmetGal who passed it on to me. The original poster is Lort.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 package cream cheese, softened (not the small one)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Beat butter and brown sugar until creamy.
- Gradually beat in flour, oats, and orange peel until crumbly.
- Stir in chocolate morsels and cranberries and stir well.
- Set aside 2 cups of this mixture.
- Press remaining mixture into the greased pan and bake in the pre heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually add the sweetened condensed milk.
- After 15 minutes remove the baking pan and pour cream cheese mixture over the hot crust.
- Sprinkle onto the cream cheese mixture the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for another 25 minutes.
- Remove and cool pan on a wire rack.
These tasty little bars are very similar to the Cranberry Bliss Bars sold at Starbucks for $2 each. They are sinfully delish and I recommend you put yourself on a rationing system. I did use nonfat sweetened condensed milk and low fat cream cheese to help my guilt a little, still wonderful, now I can cut bigger pieces! Oh, I did use orange-flavored dried cranberries too- wonderful.
I made these for my daughters baptism and they were just not as good as I was hoping for. I followed the recipe to a tee, My guests as well as I found that there was just to much of an "orange taste". I might try these again without the orange zest or maybe only half a teaspoon. I will post again if I try it without the orange.
These are delicious. They are a sell out at bake sales and a huge hit at pot lucks. They are rich but wonderful.