Recipe by PumpkinDK
These are SO tasty and not to hard og dry. My italian friend says it tast very like the real thing. Good for coffee, te hollydays or just because :o)
Top Review by Sydney Mike
My usual biscotti recipe includes cranberries & pistachios, but I was willing to make this one & include some dark chocolate! Turned out to be EXTREMELY TASTY BISCOTTI, & the recipe worth keeping on hand! I particularly like this kind of 'cookie' because it has a great shelf-life! As it is, half of this & half of another biscotti rercipe that I'd made went off to work with my other half & was much enjoyed by co-workers! Thanks for a great keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups pistachio nuts or 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
- 8 ounces white chocolate (for dipping) or 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped (for dipping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts, then beat in the eggs. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually stir into egg mixture. Mix in cranberries and nuts by hand.
- Divide dough in half. Form two logs (12x2 inches) on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; wet hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.
- Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Cut logs on diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices. Lay on sides on parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool.
- Dip 1 end or 1 side of each biscotti in chocolate; place on baking sheet. Chill until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes. Biscotti can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.