Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple but great way to make beets.
- 1 (16 ounce) canwhole beets
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Place beets and sauce into a saucepan and heat until blended.
- Stir in orange rind and then add cornstarch, which has been dissolved in the orange juice.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
I used sliced beets because that is what I happened to have in the pantry. I did drain the liquid from the beets, added the cranberry sauce and warmed. Once warm, I did add a touch of the drained liquid with the orange rind and juice. The cornstarch was omitted completely.
This was a good side, but it made a lot of sauce. Good flavor and color.