Recipe by Bonnie Young
If you're from Wisconsin you have to love cranberries. This is one of my favorite bar recipes and it mixes up very fast and is sooo good.
Top Review by Wanda Fornal
I made these today and they were so good. My husband loved them....Tomorrow I'm making more for his office. By the way, to prepare the pan - do you grease and flour - I did and it worked fine. Also, baked in little larger pan and turned out fine. Wanda from Texas
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- This is good with a powder sugar glaze or lightly sifted powder sprinkled on top.
- Beat together eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Fold in nuts and cranberries.
- Mixture will be cookie-consistency. Spread into prepared 8x8 pan. (If using 9x12, you will need 1.5 times the recipe.).
- Bake@ 350 degrees 40-45 minutes (but start checking after 35).