Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you're from Wisconsin you have to love cranberries. This is one of my favorite bar recipes and it mixes up very fast and is sooo good.
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- This is good with a powder sugar glaze or lightly sifted powder sprinkled on top.
- Beat together eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Fold in nuts and cranberries.
- Pour into prepared 9 x 12 cake pan.
- Bake@ 350 degrees 40-45 minutes .
I made these today and they were so good. My husband loved them....Tomorrow I'm making more for his office. By the way, to prepare the pan - do you grease and flour - I did and it worked fine. Also, baked in little larger pan and turned out fine. Wanda from Texas
It was fun to hear the cranberries pop in the oven. The cranberries were very refreshing to bit into. I found that the dough did not pour as the recipe stated. The consistency was like cookie dough, so I buttered my knife and spread it into my pan. Everyone liked these. Thank You.
My friends and family all loved these bars. This is a very easy recipe!