Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Ready for a change of pace the next time you fire up the grill?
Make and share this Cranberry Barbecue Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup bottled water
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 fluid ounce red wine vinegar
- 1 fluid ounce balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into a stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 15 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to 1/3.
- Place in a food processor or blender in small batches and puree (always be VERY careful when pureeing hot liquids in a blender!) Strain the puree through a fine mesh strainer.
- Refrigerate- this sauce will last for weeks and weeks in the refrigerator!
- This sauce may be used as is to baste over meats and poultry before grilling or roasting.
I mixed this in with shredded turkey for a potluck at work. Everyone really enjoyed it.