Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is from www.bhg.com. Other variations are listed below as well. Enjoy!
Make and share this Cranberry-Barbecue Meatballs recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (16 ounce) packagesfrozen cooked plain meatballs, thawed (32 meatballs each)
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker place meatballs. In a medium bowl combine cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce. Pour over meatballs in cooker; stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2-1/2 hours. Serve meatballs with toothpicks. If desired, keep warm on low-heat setting for up to 2 hours.
- Makes 64 meatballs
- Cranberry-Chipotle Meatballs: Add 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce to the cranberry-barbeque sauce mixture.
- Mexi-Meatballs: Substitute one 16-ounce jar of salsa and one 10-ounce can of enchilada sauce for the cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce.
- Saucepan variation: In a large saucepan combine thawed meatballs and desired sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.