Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These tasty muffins are a good way to use up over-ripe bananas and are great for those who are allergic to dairy products as they can be made with either butter or non-dairy margarine. This recipe was developed in the test kitchens of Robin Hood Multifoods.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups mashed ripe bananas (5-6 bananas)
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup cranberries
- Combine the first six ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Beat together egg, bananas and melted butter or margarine until smooth.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Stir to blend.
- Stir in cranberries just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling almost to the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched.
Really tasty and easy to make. I also used some cinnamon and added a walnut streusel topping for crunch. Thanks for the recipe.
I made these with fresh cranberries (I LOVE cranberries so I used 1 1/2 cups and I chopped them a little but they were YUMMMY THANKS!