Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tart cranberries and sweet bananas combine to form...heaven!
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups oats
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups bananas, mashed
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted (I use non-hydrogenated)
- 1 cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Lightly grease muffin cups or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine egg, banana, and margarine until smooth.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until done.
Lovely. I used dried cranberries and they turned out great.
Excellent banana muffins. I used 3/4 C white & 1/2 C whole wheat flour and added chopped pecans. Baked up perfect, very moist. I liked the use of 2 cups of banana. Thanks for posting.
These came out WONDERFUL!! I added my own personal flair to it, but thank you for a great base recipe!! I'll be adding this to my personal cookbook!