- 2⁄3 cup shortening (I use butter flavored Crisco)
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups bananas, mashed
- 3 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole berry cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Stir in bananas, flour, baking soda and pecans.
- Mix well with mixer.
- Fold cranberry sauce in by hand.
- Pour into 2 well greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 60-70 minutes.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from pans.