Recipe by Nicole Brummett
This one came from an old school cook book. Really good bread. Great for bake sales and gifts. You can add Cool Whip for a dessert, or slice it for a really interesting sandwich.
Top Review by Tammy Hershberger
This recipe was wonderful! I couldn't resist cutting into it about 10 minutes after it was out of the oven. I'd like to see it have just a little more orange flavor, though. Maybe some zest next time, to give it just a little more oomph! Edited to add... my apologies! After coming back here again I realized I left my comment on the wrong recipe! Seeing others mention "vinegar" made me wonder WTH??? I used a different recipe than this one! Sorry!
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas
- 2 1⁄2 cups cranberries
- 2 cups nuts (your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, sift the first 4 ingredients; set aside.
- Mix the next 4 ingredients together in another bowl.
- Fold flour mixture with orange juice mixture, then stir in bananas, cranberries and nuts.
- Pour into 2 lightly greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- *Note: I haven't made this bread in quite awhile and for some reason my recipe doesn't have the bake time written down, so I'm going by the bake time on a banana bread and a cranberry bread.
- I suggest checking at 30 minutes to be on the safe side.