Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this from the Dole Company. This is a really different idea, especially good for a Thanksgiving if you don't want to serve pumpkin pie.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I like to use leftover cookie crumbs.)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large extra ripe bananas
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- Combine crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon and margarine.
- Pat on bottom and up sides of a 9 or 10 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine cranberry sauce and cornstarch in saucepan.
- Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Remove 1/2 cup for topping; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice, vanilla and salt.
- Puree bananas (1 cup); blend into mixture.
- Spoon 2 cups cheese mixture into crust.
- Spoon cranberry filling over.
- Cover with remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Combine sour cream and 2 Tbsp. sugar and spread over top.
- Spoon reserved 1/2 cup cranberry topping in center to form a circle.
- Gently swirl cranberry and sour cream.
- Return to oven 10 minutes or more until glaze is firm.