Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This tea bread makes a great breakfast when you've got weekend house guests. If you like a nuttier taste, substitute un-toasted walnut oil for the canola oil.
- cooking spray
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 158.51 ml whole wheat flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml canola oil or 44.37 ml un-toasted walnut oil
- 118.29 ml fat free egg substitute
- 3 medium ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine both flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil with an electric mixer at medium speed until sugar begins to dissolve, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs; beat in mashed bananas. Scrape down sides of bowl and remove beaters; stir in flour mixture and cranberries with a rubber spatula, making sure you scrape down sides of bowl to moisten everything.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan; smooth top. Baked until browned (a toothpick inserted into center of bread should come out with a few moist crumbs), about 45 minutes. Place pan on a wire rack to cool for about 10 minutes; then turn loaf out of pan to continue cooling on rack. Slice loaf into 3/4-inch-thick pieces.
- Once completely cooled, the loaf can be stored at room temperature, wrapped in plastic wrap.