Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great addition to Thanksgiving dinner! We love this as leftovers for breakfast with cream on top. Really different and not too sweet.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3 cups apples, diced (skins on)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup oatmeal (quick cook style)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Mix cranberries, apples and sugar.
- Set aside.
- Mix butter, oatmeal, flour and brown sugar.
- Spread cranberry mixture in the bottom of an 8x11 greased pan.
- Spread oatmeal mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Very well received. I only had 2 apples, so I used 2 c. chopped apples and a full bag (12 oz./3 c.) of cranberries. I also added cinnamon, nutmeg, and a 3/4 c. chopped walnuts. I concur that it smells wonderful hot (even when you are just reheating!)!
Super easy and a great way to use up the extra cranberries and 2 granny smith apples from Thanksgiving. Great flavor and lots of crunch. And it smelled so good while it was baking and the cranberries bubbled away. I can't wait to have some for breakfast tomorrow.
Yummy, easy, and just a taste of tart! Thanks for a great recipe to add to Thanksgiving. We served warm, over vanilla ice cream.