Oh my! A field of greens topped with avocados, cilantro, craisins, spiced almonds and drizzled with a white balsamic vinaigrette. Kudos to The Café Sucré Farine, Chris Scheuer.
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced sweet onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Ingredients for the salad
- 12 ounces Baby Spinach, arugula, field greens
- 1 small bunch cilantro, washed and dried, leaves removed whole from stems
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and halved
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup candied spiced almonds (see Candied and Spiced Almonds)
- For the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a pint sized glass jar and shake well to dissolve sugar.
- For the salad: place greens and cilantro leaves in a large bowl.
- Add avocado and dried cranberries and about 1/4 cup of the dressing and toss gently.
- Scatter candied almonds over salad and sprinkle lightly with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pass extra dressing.
Simply delicious!! The changes I made were, I used pecans instead of almonds and I do not care for cilantro, so subbed in parsley. Made for Everyday Holiday Tag game. :)
So good! I like the cilantro in it, makes it special.