Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
New recipe to try this year for Thanksgiving....I'm still looking for the perfect sauce! Posted for safe keeping! UPDATE: This was one of two sauces I made for Thanksgiving...Iloved it!! DH thought it wasn't tart enough for his tastes...but it will for sure become a regular on our Holiday table!
- 2 (12 ounce) bags fresh cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot halves, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- salt, pinch
- In a large saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil over med heat, stirring frequently.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until cranberries start to pop and the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes; let cool.
This is an AMAZING recipe...Rachel Rey, I believe. Omit the salt tho, no need for it.