Recipe by Sydney Mike
For cranberry lovers & addicts, here's a great pie!
Top Review by weekend cooker
THIS WAS GREAT ! The cranberry flavor was fantastic. The combination of cranberries, and apricots is a definate winner.This will be a saver for thanksgiving. WE LOVED IT !! 45 minutes was perfect for the baking time. Did not adjust anything on this recipe. Great Recipe Post.
- 1 pastry for double-crust deep dish pie
- 6 cups cranberries
- 24 dried apricots, quartered
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup cranberry liqueur
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare or buy pie crust for 2-crust 9 1/2" deep dish pie.
- Put cranberries, apricots, sugar & water in a saucepan, & over medium heat bring to boil, cooking 15 minutes & stirring occasionally.
- Add liqueur & simmer another 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line pie plate with one crust & cut the 2nd crust into 1" strips for lattice top.
- Fill pie shell with cranberry mixture, then add the lattice top.
- For glaze, beat egg & water together.
- Sprinkle top of pie with almonds, & THEN brush lattice top with egg mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes, until top is golden & filling is bubbling. Be careful not to burn or over-brown the edges.
- Cool & serve at room temperature.