Recipe by Sydney Mike
Here's one of my cobbler recipes from over 30 years ago! I usually use Bartlett pears.
- 946.36 ml pears, peeled, cored, sliced
- 473.18 ml cranberries
- 453.59 g can apricot halves, undrained
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 3.69 ml ground cinnamon
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml milk
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & grease a 2 1/2 qt baking dish.
- In large saucepan, combine pears, cranberries, apricots, 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon & zest, & cook over medium heat 10-15 minutes, until hot.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder & salt, blending well.
- To the flour mixture add milk, melted butter & eggs, mixing until batter is smooth.
- Pour hot fruit into prepared baking dish & top with batter.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm.