Here's one of my cobbler recipes from over 30 years ago! I usually use Bartlett pears.
Make and share this Cranberry Apricot Pear Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups pears, peeled, cored, sliced
- 2 cups cranberries
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricot halves, undrained
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 oranges, zest of
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, & grease a 2 1/2 qt baking dish.
- In large saucepan, combine pears, cranberries, apricots, 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon & zest, & cook over medium heat 10-15 minutes, until hot.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder & salt, blending well.
- To the flour mixture add milk, melted butter & eggs, mixing until batter is smooth.
- Pour hot fruit into prepared baking dish & top with batter.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm.