Recipe by Maja Leah Borgal
This dish make s a great side dish for ham, turkey, or pork chops. It also makes a great mid-day or night snack. I eat it alone all the time. My family always asks me to bring it to meals at the house. You can take out the walnuts if you can't have or don't like them.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag ocean spray cranberries
- dutch apples (2 jars)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop jarred dutch apples, keeping as much liquid from jar as possible.
- Set aside.
- Add water and fresh cranberries to 2 Qt pan.
- Bring to boil then cook over medium-low for 10 minutes.
- Cover as berries will pop as cooking.
- Add sugar and orange juice.
- Stir cranberries frequently.
- After 10 minutes, turn off heat, allowing liquid to thicken.
- When cool, stir in apples and liquid from jars.
- Stirl in walnuts.