- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 2 medium peeled apples (Braeburn, Golden Delicious, or McIntosh) or 2 medium unpeeled apples, sliced (Braeburn, Golden Delicious, or McIntosh)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cranberries in a strainer and rinse with cool water; remove any stems and pick through berries.
- Heat cranberries, apples and water to boiling in saucepan; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered about 10 minutes or until cranberries and apples are soft.
- Stir in sugar.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until sugar is melted.
- For chunky sauce, serve as is. For smooth applesauce, process mixture in food processor for 15 to 20 seconds.