- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat water and sugar over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in apples, cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cranberries, cook and stir 8 minutes, until cranberries start to pop.
- Cover and cook 5 more minutes, until apples are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add cinnamon, ginger and lemon peel.
- Cook and stir 5 more mintues.
- Remove from heat, mash until mixture reaches desired consistency.