Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tradition at all our Thanksgiving gatherings. I tried this a few years back, and now we look forward to having it every year.
- 1 (12 ounce) fresh cranberries, cleaned
- 1 cup water
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- Cook cranberries, sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan over low heat for about 5 minutes or until the skins pop open.
- Add the apple, zests, and juices and cook for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Store in refrigerator for 24 hours before serving. It will thicken and gel as it sits.
I have had several very good cranberry sauce recipes in my time. This one takes the cake as the best! Just the right combination of tart and sweet.