Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A nice colorful salad for the holidays, or a buffet. Make the day before serving.
Make and share this Cranberry Apple Waldorf Gelatin Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 1⁄2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix gelatin and sugar; add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add juice; chill in refrigerator until mixture has consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Fold in apple, cranberries, celery, and walnuts.
- Pour into a 8-inch square pan; cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator until firm.
- To serve, cut into squares.
Made this as per the recipe & it made for A WONDERFUL SALAD! I don't usually do cranberries this way, but the chopped raw berries gave a nice change! Will be making this again a number of times before fresh cranberries are hard to get! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
I should have check amounts on hand before starting this,lol. I didn't have as much juice as I thought and made up the missing 1 1/4 cups with diet Ginger Ale (tastes good but gave the gelatin a brown cast), the cranberries became plumped currants (I knew that I was changing that because I'm not a big lover of cranberries) and the walnuts became pecans. I really enjoy this a lot and I love that it's not as sweet as the commercial Jell-o (Mike, I used all Splenda for the sugar and it works perfectly btw). Very good and great for the summer :D. Made for Photo Tag.
I thawed and used cranberries I'd frozen quite awhile back and substituted pecans for walnuts (personal preference). This was delicious with just the right amount of sweetness.