Recipe by Outta Here
A nice colorful salad for the holidays, or a buffet. Make the day before serving.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this as per the recipe & it made for A WONDERFUL SALAD! I don't usually do cranberries this way, but the chopped raw berries gave a nice change! Will be making this again a number of times before fresh cranberries are hard to get! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 3 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 1⁄2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix gelatin and sugar; add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add juice; chill in refrigerator until mixture has consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Fold in apple, cranberries, celery, and walnuts.
- Pour into a 8-inch square pan; cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator until firm.
- To serve, cut into squares.