Recipe by lazyme
From a local charity cookbook, A Taste of Two Points, this is a nice change of pace for sweet potatoes. Even kids like this version.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
My love affair with yams & cranberries is no secret (I could have them almost everyday), & when I can pair them with ALL the rest of these ingredients, well . . . that just makes it all the more OUTSTANDING! The only change I made here was in using the yams unpeeled! Other than that I followed it right on down! MOST DEFINITELY, THIS IS A KEEPER RECIPE! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of the lazyme cook-a-thon]
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 21 ounces apple pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) can cranberry sauce, whole berries
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut fresh potatoes into bite size pieces.
- In a large saucepan cook potatoes, covered in enough boiling water to cover, about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Spread pie filling in an 8x8 inch baking dish; arrange cooked fresh or canned sweet potatoes on top.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together cranberry sauce, apricot preserves, and orange marmalade.
- Spoon over sweet potatoes.
- Bake uncovered in a 350ºF oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.