Recipe by TXOLDHAM
I haven't prepared this yet but wanted to be sure to save. Sounds delicious!
Top Review by coleen114
I halved the recipe to serve with pork tenderloin. I opted for the granny smith, which baked up deliciously. I would probably increase the butter/cinnamon sauce next time. But, I did not find it really sweet as the other reviewer did.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 granny smith apples or 2 golden delicious apples, cored and thinly sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 or a grill to medium high.
- Center sweet potatoes, apple slices and cranberries on 18x24-inch sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Combine melted butter or margarine and cinnamon and drizzle over brown sugar.
- Bring up sides of foil. Double-fold the top and ends of foil to make a large foil package, leaving room for heat to circulate inside.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes on cookie sheet in oven or place on covered grill 20 to 25 minutes until potatoes are tender.