Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has a harvest flavor with a hint of tangy cranberries.
- 12 cups bread cubes (2 large loafs)
- 1 1⁄2 carrots (finely diced or shredded)
- 1⁄2 large onion (finely diced)
- 2 celery ribs (finely diced)
- 2⁄3 cup cranberries (coarsely diced)
- 1 large apple (coarsely diced)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups broth
- Saute the carrots, onion, and celery in butter or margarine until tender but not brown.
- Add the poultry seasoning, salt, and cinnamon and stir.
- Add sauted mixture to the bread cubes along with the cranberries and apples.
- Pour in enough broth to moisten bread.
- Stir mixture with spoon or clean hands.
- Use to stuff turkey or chicken.
- Bake the rest of stuffing in a lightly greased casserole dish for 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- If you use a thermometer to measure temperature of stuffing, bake to 150 degrees in center of casserole.
This Stuffing is very moist, Full of flavor and color, Your palte well go nuts over this dish. Even though the dish takes time to prepare,it is worth it. Mark young Chef #636482