Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Just in time for fall this combination of cranberries, apples and grapes will make a delightful addition to any table. Chill time of one hour
- 158.51 ml sour cream
- 78.07 ml mayonnaise
- 2 medium apples, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes (2 cups)
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
- 118.29 ml green seedless grape, halved
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped (1/2 cup)
- To prepare the dressing stir together sour cream and mayonnaise in small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Gently toss apples with lemon juice in large bowl.
- Add all remaining salad ingredients.
- Add dressing; toss to coat.
- Cover; refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Wonderful tangy salad and a great new twist on our favorite waldorf salad. Love the craisins in the mix. We enjoyed this as part of our Christmas dinner. A 5-star winner with everyone. Thanks, from the Wilsons.
Wow! This is quite refreshing! It is a nice variation on the typical Waldorf salad with the cranberries giving it a nice tang, and the grapes giving a hint of sweetness. I followed this recipe exactly, except I toasted my walnuts for 12 minutes at 350F before putting them in the salad (makes them crunchier). What a keeper! Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
This is a winner. I enjoyed the dried cranberrys instead of raisins (I added a few extra). Also, the mixture of mayonnaise and sour cream makes a great dressing. Very easy to make.