Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful holiday dish from my mother in law. I can't imagine Thanksgiving or Chrismas with out this dish. The tart taste of the cranberries tend to meld with the cream while the apple and walnut add texture. Its simple and easy an no cooking involved.
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 ounces walnuts
- 1 fuji apple
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Take the bag of cranberries and coursely chop in food processor or blender.
- pour the cup of sugar over the cranberries mix well.
- set aside overnight to sweeten the cranberries in the fridge.
- the next day take the cream and add the powdered sugar an beat to hard peaks are formed.
- set aside the whipped cream and peel and dice the apple.
- add the apple to the cream, add the walnuts to the cream.
- fold in the sweetened cranberries
- set in fridge for 30 minutes for flavors to meld.
Fairly easy--very tasty--and a big hit at my women's group's annual "salad supper" for the holidays. Leftovers were devoured at my office the next day.