Recipe by lazyme
This was in our local newspaper around Thanksgiving a few years ago. From Ocean Spray.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe dish, combine all ingredients except apples.
- Cover and microwave on high (100 percent) until half of the cranberries have popped open (about 3 to 4 minutes), stirring once.
- Stir in apples; microwave on high , stirring once, until apples are soft enough to crush with spoon (3 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes).
- Use spoon to lightly crush apples, leaving some chunks whole.
- Store in a lidded container in the refrigerator for up to 4 or 5 days.
- Serve chilled.