Recipe by Budding Chef
Yummy and easy cranberry-apple quick bread (or muffins). I actually made this recipe as it was written and realized that it was missing something. I checked and rechecked the recipe for something that I had missed and turned up dry - as was my bread mix. Here is the new and improved recipe.
- 2 cups peeled chopped apples
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-by-2-inch loaf pan.
- Combine sugar, oil, and egg and oil. Mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the sugar, egg, and oil mixture, and the milk, mixing just until dry ingredients are moist.
- Stir in cranberries, apples, and walnuts if using them.
- Spread batter in pan. Cook 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.