Top Review by Juenessa
I am just reviewing your gingersnap crust. I needed a crust to go with Recipe #211835 and I found your recipe. Some of the other recipe reviews I found for gingersnap crusts talked about how hard it was to cut the crust. This certainly is not so with this crust. It is delicious and very tender! Thanks so much, MirandaLee.
- 20 gingersnap cookies
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 apples, pared and cored
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 5 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, Ground
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place gingersnaps and margarine in food processor; process until finely ground.
- Press gingersnap mixture into 8" pie plate. Bake 5-8 min; remove and cool crust. Chop apples in food processor.
- Add cranberries, brown sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; pulse until just mixed.
- Spoon apple-cranberry filling into another 8" pie plate or casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake 35 min or until tender.
- Spoon filling into gingersnap crust and serve immediately.