1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I have not tried this recipe, but a co-worker of mine raved about it. She said, "people were about to attack each other to get another slice". I think this would be great for the holidays, an everyday dessert made holiday-special. Let me know what you think!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 -9 inch) pie crusts
- 6 cups granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or dried Craisins)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 1/2 ounces vanilla pudding mix, unprepared
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Press single pie crust into bottom of pie pan.
- 3Pour lemon juice on apples and cranberries.
- 4Stir together dry ingredients, then toss with apple mixture.
- 5Pour into single unbaked pie crust.
- 6Bake for 70 minutes, covering with foil for the last 30 minutes. Let cool.
- 7Bring butter, brown sugar and milk to a boil stirring constantly.
- 8Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute.
- 9Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, caramel flavoring and walnuts.
- 10Pour on top of apple in pie crust, cool and Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Apple Pie With Caramelized Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.0
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.6 mg
- Sodium 288.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 61.0 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: