Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a pretty easy recipe with only 5 ingredients!
- 3 lbs tart apples (I like Jonathan apples)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Clean, core and peel 4 apples. Dice into bite sized pieces and add to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add juices, honey and cranberries and allow to simmer for 10 minutes until mushy.
- In the meantime, clean, core and slice the rest of the apples. Then add to the saucepan and warm through. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Pour into the bottom pie crust and place a second pie crust on top, brush with either water or an egg wash.
- Bake for 25 minutes.