Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Leave Room For Dessert !! From Woman's World Magazine 11/23/04. Granny Smith apples, a touch of cinnamon and two kinds of tangy cranberies make this pie better than any you've ever had before.
- 1 (11 ounce) package pie crust mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 lbs granny smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Place foil-lined baking sheet on middle rack in oven.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare pie crust mix according to package directions for 2-crust pie. Roll out two-thirds of dough into 11-inch circle. Fit into 9-inch pie pan; trim and flute edge. Refrigerate.
- In large bowl combine 1-1/2 cups sugar, cornstarch, zest and cinnamon. Add apples, fresh cranberries, and dried cranberries; toss to coat. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle with butter.
- Roll out remaining dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Using 2-3/4-inch leaf-shaped cookie cutter, cut out shapes from dough, rerolling as necessary. Place over pie. Brush with egg; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake on hot baking sheet 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake 1 hour, 30 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Cool on rack.