Recipe by STARTERWIFE
This is a beautiful recipe from Mrs. Smiths pies, adapted here. This is just a gorgeous and tasty recipe--especially great done in a big clear bowl.
- 1 frozen deep dish apple pie, baked and cooled
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 cups whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break up pie in 2-inch pieces.
- Cream together sour cream and Cool Whip.
- In a large bowl, put 1/2 of pie, 1/2 of cranberry sauce and 1/2 Cool Whip mixture; repeat.
- Garnish with nuts or apple slices. You can also sprinkle cinnamon or nutmeg on top of final layer of cool whip mixture.
- Chill, preferably about 8 hours.