1/3 Photos of Cranberry Apple Pecan Bread Pudding With Vanilla Cream Sauce
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 5 mins
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
This makes a nice breakfast/brunch dish. The bread pudding itself is not overly sweet, but vanilla cream sauce adds a nice richness. From Morning Glories by Donna Leahy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups half-and-half (or milk)
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 5 cups stale croissants (or brioche or french bread, cut in cubes)
- 2in a medium bowl, toss sliced apples with lemon juice and set aside.
- 3in a large bowl, beat the eggs till frothy and light in color. Add the sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon and beat till smooth.
- 4Stir in the butter, half and half and brandy.
- 5Toss the apples, cranberries, pecans with the bread cubes.
- 6Place the bread mixture in a greased 9x5 loaf pan (or individual custard cups). Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread. Cover with foil and weigh down with a bag of rice or dried beans to encourage the bread to absorb the liquid. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- 7Preheat oven to 325. Remove the foil and weights and place the pudding in a larger pan with 1 inch of hot water. Bake for 55 minutes or till set.
- 8Increase oven temperature to 425 and bake 10 minutes more, till lightly browned. Serve warm with room temperature sauce.
- 9Vanilla Cream Sauce:.
- 10Combine milk (or cream) with flour and sugar in a saucepan. Add butter. Heat over medium high heat till it bubbles, stirring. Continue to heat gently till thickened. Stir in vanilla.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Apple Pecan Bread Pudding With Vanilla Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.3
- Calories from Fat 408
- Total Fat 45.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.9 g
- Cholesterol 243.2 mg
- Sodium 230.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 38.1 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: