Recipe by cando
I love cranberry sauce. Unfortunately, around here you can only get cranberries (fresh or frozen) around Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 1 lb cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 oranges (or one orange and one apple)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Pick cranberries over, discarding any under ripe ones.
- Finely grate orange rinds; remove any white pith and seeds from the oranges. If using an apple, core and peel apple. Finely chop oranges (an apple).
- Combine cranberries, oranges (and apple) sugar, cinnamon and water in a sauce pan. Simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Ladle quickly into hot, clean jars, leaving ¼" headspace. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with two-piece lids. Screw bands on finger tight. Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.