1/3 Photos of Cranberry Apple Muffins
I found this recipe in a cookbook put out by the Maine Alzheimer's Association. My grandmother used to make muffins very similar to these and I was glad to find this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Grease muffin pan.
- 3Sift flour, baking powder, 1/4 cup sugar and salt into bowl.
- 4Whisk cooled butter togther with egg, buttermilk and cider.
- 5Add this mixture to dry ingredients, stirring only enough to mix.
- 6The batter should be fairly stiff.
- 7Gently fold in cranberries and apples into batter.
- 8Pour into muffin cups (about 2/3 full).
- 9Sprinkle and additional tsp of sugar over each muffin.
- 10Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- 11Turn out onto rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Apple Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 195.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 3.1 g