Recipe by Nadia Melkowits
Enjoy on warm toast or biscuits or sterilize in jars.
Top Review by Chef Dissa Debba
This is a wonderful recipe! Sooo delicious...sweet, just a hint of spice and a little tart. Yum :) I made 14 jars of this (I quadrupled the recipe) and we finished off one jar in 2 days! I will be making this for all my friends and family. I did add one pouch of Certo after boiling it 20 minutes and boiled one minute more. It turned out just the right consistency. What a fave, love it!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and grated (Fuji, Gala and or or Golden Delicious)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest (lemon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in the orange juice. Stir in the cranberries and the rest of the ingredients cook until the cranberries start to pop (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat and place sauce in a bowl. Cranberry sauce will thicken as it cools.