1/1 Photo of Cranberry Apple Holiday French Toast
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was given to me by a co-worker several years ago, but I just found and tried it for the first time, and was amazed with the flavor! It's a great Christmas morning dish, or an easy day-after-Thanksgiving breakfast for guests. The Splenda and egg substitute make for a bit health-friendlier breakfast, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml Splenda brown sugar blend (may sub. brown sugar if you don't like sugar substitute)
- 78.07 ml butter or 78.07 ml margarine, melted
- 14.78 ml cinnamon, divided
- 3-4 apples, cored and thinly sliced (braeburn or other tart type)
- 118.29 ml dried cranberries
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 354.88 ml egg substitute
- 354.88 ml milk (I use 1%)
- 14.79 ml vanilla
Optional (for topping)
- powdered sugar (optional) or whipped cream (optional)
- 1Combine brown sugar, butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a 9x13 baking dish. Add apples and cranberries. Toss to coat well. Spread evenly in pan.
- 2Arrange slices of bread atop apple mixture.
- 3Mix egg substitute, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon until well blended.
- 4Pour egg mixture over bread, soaking it completely.
- 5Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for at least 1-2 hrs if not made ahead).
- 6When ready to bake: Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- 7Uncover an bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and let stand for approximately 5 minutes.
- 9Serve warm with powdered sugar, whipped cream to taste (We prefer a very light dusting of powdered sugar for the kids and plain for the adults).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Apple Holiday French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.1
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 839.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 21.3 g