Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A sweet-tart dessert. Perfect for the holidays.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 1 medium cooking apple, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350°F In 13x9-inch pan, melt butter in oven.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, sugar and milk until smooth. Pour batter evenly over butter in pan.
- In small bowl, mix cranberry sauce and applesauce; spoon evenly over batter. Place apple slices on sauce mixture.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.
Delcious and so easy! A great way to use leftover cranberry sauce. Used recipe #163739 (scaled down to 2 3/4 cups), but instead of shortening, used the same amount of butter and melted it with the butter called for in the recipe. Used 2 Granny Smith apples on top. Wonderful, cobbler like dessert the whole family enjoyed. Thanks for sharing your recipe!!
This is a great-tasting, easy-to-prepare dessert! I'd just made some homemade apple sauce so used some of that in this recipe! Very simple, very aromatic, very tasty ~ what more could one ask for! Thanks much for the recipe!