Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are HUGE,delicious moist muffins.
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups diced, peeled apples
- 3⁄4 cup cranberries
- Combine all ingredients.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Combine flour, brown sugar and baking soda in large bowl.
- Combine egg, yogurt and oil in a small bowl.
- Add to dry ingredients stirring just until moistened.
- Stir in apples and cranberries.
- Spray muffin pan, cups and top with veggie spray.
- Fill muffin cups with batter, sprinkle with topping.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until tops are firm to touch.
Great topping, we love this!
I did a major changes cutting the yogurt to 1/2 cup and increasing apples almost 2 fold as we have a lot of apples in the garden that we would like to enjoy.
As apples als juicy this turned out well and the muffings looks great.
Thaks a lot for your recipe!
These are great tasting muffins. I used fresh cranberries (thanks to Halifax Liz for that tip) and did not bother with the topping. They got extremely moist after a day in a plastic bag, so popped them back in the oven for a few minutes to dry.
Excellent muffins. I was concerned about the texture when I 1st made it but it is great. Very delicious and easy to prepare. No beating, no fuss!!