Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a Cooking Light magazine. I like it because it is lightly sweet and really tart.
- 1⁄2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 braeburn apples, peeled, cored, and chopped (about 4 cups)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 4 cups light vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare filling, combine first 3 ingredients and toss well. Place apple mixture into 11X7 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- To prepare topping, lightly spoon the flour into a dry measuring cup and level with a knife. Combine flour and the next 5 ingredients (through the nutmeg), stirring with a whisk. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse corn meal. Sprinkle topping over apple mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
- Serve with Vanilla ice cream.
MADE FOR SPRING PAC 2009 This was good, but a little tart for my taste. I did like the addition of cranberries with the apples though. Overall a good recipe.