Recipe by mandabears
Found this while cleaning out one of my recipe card files and decided to post it, again another crumbly yellow recipe card. Great Fall dessert
Top Review by Eris
Good! Easy to make and quite good. The sugar amount is about right to balance the tart cranberries without being overly sweet. I chopped my apples by hand and chopped frozen cranberries in my mini-chopper since I thought I'd prefer that over whole cranberries. I baked it in 2 cup pyrex dishes, and it was the perfect size for a serving. Will have to get some vanilla ice cream for next time!
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 large tart apples, peeled and sliced (I use Granny Smith)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix cranberries, sugar and apples in bowl.
- Place in 13 x 9 pan that has been sprayed with cookingj spray.
- In a large bowl mix topping ingredients and sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.