Recipe by Charlotte J
This looks like a fast recipe. I have not made it yet.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
This was very simple to prepare. The recipe was cut down to two servings. I made sure to buy extra bags of fresh cranberries back in late December and froze them for just these type of recipes. The dessert was baked a full forty five minutes and the apples had a delicious gooey, caramelized sauce on the bottom of the pan. Reviewed for Best of 2010.
- 5 cups pared sliced tart apples (about 6 medium apples)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Layer apples and cranberries in pan, sprinkling with sugar as you layer.
- For the topping, mix flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Work in butter with a fork until light and crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over apples and cranberries.
- Bake 45 minutes or until apples are tender.