Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Everyone usually associates cranberry sauce with Thanksgiving dinner. This recipe is a switch for me, as I really wasn't all that fond of the tart cranberry. Pairing sweet apples, cranberry sauce, and the delicious crisp topping is a great breakfast dish or a different take on apple crisp for dessert. It's also great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 5 medium apples (I like Gala or a mix of Gala and Granny Smith for this recipe)
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular or 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup oats (I use quick-cook)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel, core, and slice the apples thinly. Cut the slices in half.
- Stir together the apples, cranberry sauce, Splenda or sugar, and flour. Toss to coat and place in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix together the topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the fruit is tender.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.