Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
I studied a year abroad and lunch was the only meal provided. My friends and I made a "dinner club" in order to ensure we ate good food every night. One of the recipes I learned was this cranberry apple cobbler/kugel.
- 12 small apples
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce or 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup raw brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel and slice the apples.
- Layer the apples in a 9x13 pan.
- Mash the cranberry sauce and layer on top of the apples.
- In a bowl mix the oatmeal, flour, raw brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Then with your hands mix the margarine with the bowl of dry ingredients.
- Layer the oatmeal mixture on top of the cranberry sauce.
- Bake at 350°F 1 hour uncovered and then up to an hour covered until the cranberry sauce seeps into the apples and the edges are light brown.