Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Gourmet. December 1990.
Make and share this Cranberry Apple Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberries, picked over
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1⁄2 teaspoon double-acting baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- vanilla ice cream, as an accompaniment if desired
- In a shallow 2-cup baking dish toss together the cranberries, the apple, the zest, the brown sugar, the cinnamon, the cloves, and 1 tablespoon of the flour and dot the top with the butter.
- In a bowl stir together the remaining 1/2 cup flour, the baking powder, and the salt.
- Add the shortening, blend the mixture until it resembles coarse meal, and stir in the yogurt. (The dough will be sticky.)
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls onto the cranberry mixture, sprinkle it with the granulated sugar, and bake the cobbler in the middle of a preheated 400°F oven for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden. Serve the cobbler with the ice cream.