Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is easy to make, and really tasty. I made it for thanksgiving, but would eat it anytime! You can leave out the Cranberrys or add another kind of frozen fruit if you'd like.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups tart cooking apples, peeled cored sliced 1/4 inch (Jonagold is good to use with this, 4 medium)
- 2 cups whole fresh cranberries or 2 cups whole frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter (leave out of frige for 15 minutes to soften, don't soften it too much)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel, core, and slice 4 medium tart cooking apples into 1/4 inch slices.
- In large bowl, combine all cobbler ingredients except apples and cranberries.
- Add apples and cranberries; toss to coat with flour mixture.
- Put in 2-quart casserole dish.
- In medium bowl, stir together 2/3 cup flour and 1/2 cup sugar, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over fruit mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
You made my husband's day with this recipe, and he's not a sweet kind of guy. This was great with a bit of whip cream on top. Never had a cobbler without oatmeal on it but I still liked it! Thank you for a great dessert!
I tested this cobbler with the intention of making it for Thanksgiving. It was pretty easy and very good. I had trouble with the crust, but I think that was me and not the recipe. Still, it was very tasty-especially with the ice cream. Oh, and I used splenda for the sugar and brown sugar.